Jungle Bay, Dominica
Yoga & Meditation Retreat
with Gyanpriya, E-RYT-500
Dates: January 30 – February 6, 2016
8 days, 7 nights including 3 meals daily, 3 excursions, 1 spa treatment, airport transfers, yoga and meditation (details below)
Early Registration: $1950, deposit due by September 30, Single – $2400
Retreat Cost: $2300 per person, double occupancy, Single – $2750
Full Payment: Due by January 7th, 2016
Fine Print: All payments are non-refundable. However, they may be transferred to another person. Additional Costs: airfare; additional excursions, activities and spa treatments beyond those included in the package; all alcoholic beverages; Government Departure Tax of $23 USD cash; and staff gratuities.
Getting There: The retreat center will assist us to organize flights. The typical route is FLL to San Juan, Puerto Rico to Dominica.
What’s Included in the Retreat Cost
- 2 yoga/meditation classes daily, 1 master class and 1 mini workshop
- Accommodation – double (or single) occupancy accommodation in private Jungle Cottages nestled amongst the trees
- 3 meals daily – delicious, healthy food – a taste of Dominica – almost entirely from organic ingredients provided by local farmers and fishermen from the area. Gourmet cuisine features mostly Vegetarian/Vegan, as well as Fish, and Chicken dishes.
- 3 off-site excursions (see below)
- several on-site activities (see below)
- One 30 minute spa treatment
- Airport pick-up and return transfer
- Government room and sales taxes
Examples of Possible Excursions
and On-Site Activities
- snorkeling at famous Champagne Beach
- Caribbean cooking, Dominican drumming classes
- Perdu Temps Hike retracing the footsteps of Dominica’s maroons
- Victoria Falls Hike & swim
- Glasse Trail hike through gardens & traditional fisherman’s pass to volcano craters on the shores of the Atlantic
- Hike in UNESCO World Heritage Site to Boiling Lake and Valley of Desolation (including a sulfur facial)
- Ocean kayaking and snorkeling
- Nature walk to White River and Atlantic Ocean
- Heritage tour of the Southeast Dominica where you can also learn about traditional rum distillation and the Bay Oil industry
- Tour of the capital, Roseau and the Roseau Market (one of the Caribbean’s last traditional market)
- Tour of Trafalgar Falls & Botanical Gardens
It saddens me to hear of the destruction and tragedy in Dominica caused by tropical storm Erika. I have a strong affinity for this island, so this news makes my heart even more sore. And yet I am hopeful that people recover, the island returns to normal functioning and the retreat occurs as planned. Not just for the sake of retreating to this special place, but so we can contribute to the well being of those who call this island home. Tourism is important to the economy and in the immediate weeks there will be none.
At present the retreat plans are unchanged. Should the status change, this will be indicated on the website. If it becomes necessary to cancel or postpone the retreat after you have registered due to remaining storm damage, you will receive a 100% refund. Phone or email me if you have questions.
And say a prayer, or offer a meditation or simply light a candle for those in Dominica.